In this episode...
Karen sits down with Dr. Sheila Nazarian, a top board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Beverly Hills and mother of three who’s also carved out a niche as one of Israel’s staunchest defenders on social media. She talks about how she finds time to do it all, dealing with the backlash she’s faced since stepping up her Israel activism, why she feels religion is key to raising children in the 21st century, and so much more.
You’ll find out:
- How Sheila and her family escaped from Iran after the revolution – and what it was like moving to LA at age 7
- What inspired Sheila to become an activist – and how she balances it with a busy career
- Why anti-Zionism is antisemitism
- How she stays strong in defending Israel despite the backlash
- What success looks like to Sheila
- The importance of learning to delegate
- Why the things that are hardest in life are often also the things that give the most meaning
- Sheila’s top time management tips
- The importance of taking action
- Why it’s crucial to always be adapting
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
Dr. Sheila Nazarian, founder of Nazarian Plastic Surgery, is a top board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Beverly Hills. She is also founder of The Skin Spot, a curated collection of medical-grade skincare and wellness products. Dr. Nazarian starred in the popular Emmy-nominated Netflix series, "Skin Decision" and has appeared on E! News, Newsweek, "The Doctors," PragerU, Inside Edition, Newsmax, and "The Real." As an Iranian immigrant, she built her business from the ground up and inspires other entrepreneurs to do the same through The Nazarian Institute, a conference to help other entrepreneurs to ThinkBIG!: Branding, Innovation and Growth. She has a large social media following, with more than 1.7 million followers on her Instagram, YouTube, Twitter accounts including @drsheilanazarian, @themodelsurgeon, and @theskinspot. Dr. Nazarian, who also serves as assistant professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Southern California, is married to Dr. Fardad Mobin, a neurosurgeon. Together, they have three beautiful children and an adorable rescue dog.