In this episode...
Karen sits down with Sam and Emily from Team YJL to talk all things Shabbat! They talk about what Shabbat’s all about, how Judaism’s weekly day of rest looks like for each of them, and why they find it meaningful – and, most importantly, share plenty of tips for easy, accessible ways to bring Shabbat into your life, your way.
You’ll find out:
- What Shabbat is all about, and why it’s so important
- Why Shabbat is for you, wherever you are in your life
- Some traditional – and not so traditional – ways to mark Shabbat in your life
- Why inviting friends for Friday night dinner is the best – whether they’re Jewish or not!
- The beauty of disconnecting from tech over Shabbat
- A reminder that your menu for Friday night dinner doesn’t have to be traditional (or homemade)
- How to have a simple, stress-free Shabbat
- Why chicken shawarma is a Shabbat dinner secret weapon
- How to have a Zoom Shabbat dinner
- All about the wonderful tradition of the Shabbat nap
- Why tzedakah is a beautiful tradition to bring into your Shabbat
- How to do mark the end of Shabbat with Havdalah
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show: