In this episode...
Today’s episode is all about fun, easy ways to celebrate the Jewish new year festival of Rosh Hashanah! I’m joined by Sam and Emily from the Smashing Life team and we talk about the reflective and spiritual side of Rosh Hashanah as well as the fun, festive rituals, both the traditional and the more modern ones. There’s plenty of real talk too as we get into what it’s like planning for a Jewish holiday when we live in a non-Jewish world, and all the life lessons we’ve learned from this past year.
You’ll find out:
- What we do on Rosh Hashanah (or what we’re supposed to do!)
- What food we eat on Rosh Hashanah, plus easy, fun ways to celebrate
- How to plan for Rosh Hashanah when you’re busy
- Planning for a Jewish holiday when we live in a non-Jewish world, and the frustrations that sometimes arise
- A beautiful lesser known Rosh Hashanah tradition that you may not know about it
- What foods we love eating on Rosh Hashanah
- How we feel about going to synagogue on High Holidays
- Fun ways to get ready for Rosh Hashana
- What we enjoyed most about this last year
- What lessons life taught each of us this past year
- What we are most proud of from this past yea
- Our intentions for the upcoming year
- What we are going to stop doing in 5782