In this episode...
Karen sits down with Nikki Schreiber, founder of Humans of Judaism, where she’s been bringing Jewish stories to life since 2014. They chat about how Nikki channeled her grief over her beloved father’s sudden death into Humans of Judaism, the account’s meteoric rise to fame in the early days of Instagram, and how Nikki’s managed to keep her focus on Jewish unity and positivity in a time of rising antisemitism.
You’ll find out:
- How Nikki got the idea to start Humans of Judaism
- The importance of making space for what we love about our tradition
- Nikki’s favorite Humans of Judaism story
- How Nikki’s focus has shifted with the rise of antisemitism
- Why it’s vital that we continue to share our Jewish pride without fear
- How Jewish Instagram has evolved since Nikki founded Humans of Judaism in 2014
- Nikki’s tips on how to feel secure in your Jewish identity
- How Nikki keeps her focus on Jewish unity
- What’s next for Humans of Judaism
- How to cope with antisemitism in 2022
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- DM me @yourjewishlife
- Share this show on Instagram
To help out the show:
Nikki Schreiber, founded Humans of Judaism in 2014. During the year of mourning for the sudden loss of her father, Nikki wanted to do something meaningful in his memory. The idea was to create a positive social media environment that features the good within the Jewish community. Today, Humans of Judaism has become one of the leading Jewish media brands around the world, featuring upbeat, feel-good stories and with over half a million followers across all social media platforms, Humans of Judaism is widely held as the Jewish page to follow.