In this episode...
Karen sits down with Emily from the Your Jewish Life content team to chat about one of the trickiest parts of adulthood: making friends – especially Jewish ones! They speak about their respective experiences – Karen’s in London and Emily’s in NYC – along with sharing some crowdsourced advice from members of the Smashing Life community. The bottom line is, it’s not easy – but if you’re dedicated and willing to put yourself out there, you CAN make it happen! And if you need a little help, join our Jewish Connection Challenge, happening right now!
Here are some of our top suggestions for making new Jewish friends:
- Host or attend a Shabbat dinner
- Find a Jewish roommate
- Work at a Jewish organization or business
- Ask your friends (Jewish or not) to connect you with their other Jewish friends
- Join local Jewish Facebook groups
- Go on a Jewish group trip, or attend a Jewish retreat or conference
- Take a Hebrew class
- Reconnect with some old Jewish friends, if you’ve got them
- Volunteer for a Jewish charity
- Wear some Jewish jewelry, or something with Hebrew on it
- Join the Smashing Life community
- Sign up for the Jewish Connection Challenge
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.