In this episode...
Karen sits down with Ariel Stein, a Brooklyn-based Jewish mom on a mission to share the beauty of Judaism with the world – on social media and off. Best known for her popular Instagram accounts @ariel.loves and @jewishfamilymagic, Ariel chats with Karen about carving out moments of Jewish joy in our everyday lives – whatever they may look like – and igniting Jewish pride, in ourselves and others.
You’ll find out:
- All about Ariel’s journey to becoming a Jewish influencer
- The connections she’s created all over the world via social media
- How she uses Hanukkah to teach non-Jewish friends about Judaism
- The advice she’d give to someone who’s nervous about being publicly Jewish on social media
- How Ariel expresses her Jewish pride through accessories and clothing
- The importance of finding the things that spark Jewish joy for you
- What makes a home Jewish
- How her family observes Shabbat
- The way the pandemic has forced Ariel to expand the way she engages with Judaism
- Why it’s important to use social media in a way that brings you joy
- How she teaches her daughters about Jewish values
- The importance of Jewish inclusivity
Named one of the New York Jewish Week's 36 Under 36 Jewish change makers in 2021, Ariel Stein is the founder of Jewish Family Magic, an online platform designed to make Jewish living fun and accessible for the whole family. She is also the content creator behind the Jewish motherhood blog ArielLoves.com. Ariel's work has been featured on Red Tricycle, The Everymom, Mindr, Parents Magazine, and Kosher.com. As a digital content creator, Ariel has worked with many brands to showcase modern Jewish life including The Honest Company, Lowe's Home Improvement, The Children's Place, Evenflo Baby, Dyson, and West Elm. Ariel developed her passion for Jewish education through over 15 years of experience teaching in the classroom, informal education on college campuses, Jewish camping and staffing youth programs. Ariel earned her BA in Judaic Studies and Organizational Psychology from the George Washington University and earned her MA in Jewish Education from the Jewish Theological Seminary. Ariel lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband and two young daughters. When she's not chasing after her toddlers, she loves eating her way through NYC, listening to Broadway musical soundtracks, and arranging fresh flowers. Keep up with Ariel on Instagram @Ariel.Loves, @JewishFamilyMagic, and visit JewishFamilyMagic.com.