In this episode...
Karen chats with illustrator, textile designer, and writer Micaela Ezra, founder of contemporary Judaica collection AHYIN, about growing your spirituality, overcoming Jewish impostor syndrome, and what it really means to build a Jewish home – and how to do it, whatever stage of life you’re at. Micaela is an incredible role model when it comes to Jewish spirituality, and the way she constantly strives to find her own meaning in Judaism – for herself, and now for her family too – is guaranteed to inspire.
You’ll find out:
- All about Micaela’s Jewish upbringing in Australia
- How she found meaning in Jewish tradition and deepened her spirituality after moving to NYC in her 20s
- The dangers of mechanical Judaism
- What kept her Jewishly grounded during her hectic days in the fashion industry
- Building your own Jewish community
- How an unconventional approach to Shabbat dinner became the cornerstone of her Jewish life
- Overcoming Jewish impostor syndrome and finding your own place in Judaism
- The importance of finding your own connection to Jewish traditions
- Balancing tradition and individuality in Judaism
- Nourishing her children’s Jewish spirituality
- Tapping into Torah wisdom to create a meaningful Jewish home
- Becoming a spiritual anchor in your own life
- The importance of “spiritual home decor”
- Why you should seek out Judaica that sparks joy
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Micaela Ezra is an illustrator, textile designer and writer. She shares Jewish spiritual teachings through her work in a way which is meaningful, relevant and empowers people to see their potential as the spiritual anchor of their domains. She is the founder of AHYIN, a boutique collection of contemporary Judaica objects, created with artisans around the world. Micaela's most recent illustration work can be seen in "Spirit Junkie", "Super Attractor" and "The Universe has Your Back" 52 card inspirational decks, made in collaboration with #1 New York Times best selling author, Gabrielle Bernstein. Australian born, Micaela spent the past 15 years in Manhattan where she met and married her husband from Mexico. She is mama to three beautiful children Aliyah, Charlie and Emanuel.