In this episode...
In this episode, Karen sits down with Your Jewish Life team member Sam for a chat about a different side of Rosh Hashanah. While everyone loves chatting about menu plans and table scapes (and there is a little bit of that here), this time the focus is on a side of the Jewish New Year that doesn’t necessarily get as much attention as it deserves: self-reflection.
This time of the Jewish year is all about reflection and growth, and Karen and Sam go deep about what the past year has meant for them, what they hope to bring into the new Jewish year, and how they’re planning to make 5783 a year of growth.
You’ll find out:
- What Karen and Sam want to bring into the new Jewish year of 5783
- The ordeal that is taking time off work or school for the Jewish holidays
- Why Sam’s decided to be unapologetically Jewish at work all year long
- How Karen will be bringing her beloved mother’s legacy into the new year
- The importance of making sure we make space for our own needs heading into the new year
- How you can make 5783 a year of growth
- Why it’s important to make time for self-reflection at Rosh Hashanah
- All about the forthcoming Jewish Joy Journal – the perfect tool for making 5783 your best year yet
- Why banana bread is Sam’s go-to Rosh Hashanah dessert
- What gets Karen’s daughters excited during the High Holidays
- Why Karen thinks everyone should spend at least one Rosh Hashanah in Israel
To share your thoughts:
- DM me @yourjewishlife
- Share this show on Instagram
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.