In this episode...
Karen sits down with Emily Scheinfeld, a beloved member of the Smashing Life Jewish community, to chat about her own Jewish life. Emily is an absolute ray of sunshine who’s contributed so much to the vibrant, accepting group that is Smashing Life, and it’s such an honor to have her come on here and talk about everything from figuring out how to take charge of your own Judaism as an adult to saying no to Jewish guilt to starting L’dor V’dor Judaica, a nonprofit focused on rehoming unloved Judaica, and, above all, how Smashing Life helped Emily bring Judaism back to the forefront of her life after many years of disconnection.
You’ll find out:
- How Emily became part of the Smashing Life community – and how the group helped her reconnect to Judaism
- What it was like going from a very Jewish upbringing in Atlanta to feeling Jewishly isolated while working in East Texas as an adult
- How COVID led Emily’s non-Jewish boyfriend to get involved in her Jewish life
- What Shabbat looks like for Emily
- How Smashing Life inspired Emily to start her own nonprofit devoted to providing Judaica for people in need
- Emily’s advice for those struggling to feel confident in their Jewish identity
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show: