In this episode...
Karen sits down with Israeli actress, producer, writer, and activist Noa Tishby to talk about advocating for Israel – everything from why you should (hint: Jews deserve self-determination just like any other group), to how to determine who might be receptive conversation, and how to find the right words to discuss the world’s most misunderstood country. Plus, Noa shares about how she’s working to solve Israel’s PR problem in her new role as the first-ever Special Envoy for Combatting Antisemitism and Delegitimization of Israel.
You’ll find out:
- How you can start advocating for Israel in a safe, effective way
- How to deal with antisemitism fatigue
- Why Israel has such a massive PR problem
- What inspired Noa to become an Israel advocate
- How she breaks down complex issues into simple, accessible tidbits
- Why antisemitism isn’t going to be solved in any of our lifetimes – and why it’s important to keep fighting it anyway
- What Zionism actually is – and what it isn’t
- Why Israel actually isn’t as complicated as people think
- The power of small changes
- Why Israel is held to a standard that doesn’t apply to any other country
- What she wishes people understood about Israel
- Why the Jewish people’s right to self-determination shouldn’t be up for debate
- Why not being triggered is a superpower
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- DM me @yourjewishlife
- Share this show on Instagram
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Born and raised in Tel Aviv, Israel, actress, producer, writer and activist Noa Tishby got her start in the Israeli entertainment industry as a teen. After becoming a household name in her native Israel, she took on Hollywood, achieving success as both an actress and producer. In 2011 Tishby founded the first Israel-focused online advocacy and rapid response organization, Act For Israel, and became a powerful voice for Israel and the Middle East. Through her activism, writing, and speaking, Tishby has deciphered how to explain the complexities of Israel in a clear and relatable way. Her first book Israel: a Simple Guide to the Most Misunderstood Country on Earth, was published in 2021, and in 2022 she was appointed the first-ever Special Envoy for Combatting Antisemitism and Delegitimization of Israel. She divides her time between Los Angeles and Tel Aviv, and is a proud Jewish momma to her son, Ari.