In this episode...
Karen sits down with Smashing Life member Emily Cohen for an honest chat about contemporary Jewish life – from dealing with antisemitism in the workplace to what it’s like to be a single Jewish woman in 2023. They cover everything from how Emily started wearing a Star of David in response to an antisemitic boss, to what it’s like engaging in Jewish life as a single thirty-something woman, to what exactly it is that makes the Smashing Life community so empowering.
You’ll find out:
- Emily’s advice for anyone dealing with antisemitism in the workplace
- How non-Jews can make workplaces inclusive for Jews
- Why so many people don’t think of Jews as a minority
- What congregations can do to make themselves more welcoming to single Jews
- Why Jewish singles events need to stop cutting off at age 36
- What it’s like being on Jewish dating apps in 2023
- Why Jewish community’s become more important to Emily over time
- Why Shemini Atzeret and Yom Kippur are Emily’s favorite Jewish holidays
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- DM me @yourjewishlife
- Share this show on Instagram
To help out the show: