In this episode...
In today’s episode Karen sits down with Amy Becker, founder of What Jew Wanna Eat, to talk all things Jewish joy, food, fun, community and inclusivity. Talking about everything from rainbow challahs, creating community in 2021, millennial twists on classic Jewish recipes, and why there is no ‘right’ way to be Jewish, this episode is filled with awesome actionable tips!
You’ll find out:
- Why you are Jewish enough exactly as you are!
- What ‘your Jewish life your way’ actually means
- Why there is no right way to be Jewish
- Amy’s journey to becoming the Jewish food Queen
- Why Amy’s bubbe is central to her business
- How Amy and I met (hint it was through this Instagram post )
- Five easy Jewish recipes for busy Jewish women
- What Amy’s favourite Jewish holiday is (you might be surprised by her answer!)
- Why Amy has only done Passover Seder once with her family in the last 15 years
- What it’s like having a big Jewish platform and Instagram account
- All about Amy’s Rainbow Glitz Jewish wedding and epic Batmitzvah!
- Why food is so central to Jewish culture
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Amy Kritzer Becker is the founder of the award-winning cooking blog What Jew Wanna Eat, author of the cookbook Sweet Noshings and co-owner of the cool online Judaica store ModernTribe. On her popular site, Amy provides traditional Jewish recipes with a modern twist in ingredients and style such as Fried Pickle Latkes or Pumpkin Fig Rugelach. After moving from New York City to Austin, TX in 2009 to escape cold weather, she discovered her love of queso, country music, and cooking. Soon after moving, Amy left the business world to attend Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School to hone her cooking skills and work on her passion.